We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I have been working in the animal industry for almost 25 years, having started my career in a pet store that was attached to and owned by the Valley Veterinary Hospital in Fredericton, NB. I graduated with honours from the Veterinary Technician program in college in 2008 and have been a part of the MRAH team since then. From as early on as I can remember, I have had a love for all animals. I remember using my allowance money when I was 8-years-old to buy food for local stray cats. I used to build them shelters outside because my mother would not allow them in the house. I would spend countless hours going door-to-door with these cats trying to find them homes and if I could not, I would re-home them. In the past, I have also been active in doing volunteer and foster care work for animal shelters.
I joined the MRAH in April of 2008. I chose this clinic because they stand for what they believe in. Their strong values and morals for animal health and welfare were and still is above all else. Also, we have a beautiful and highly dedicated staff! They are all highly compassionate, smart, personable and downright fun to be around! An area of the veterinary industry that interests me is animal behaviour and dentistry. I love everything about my job! I love being and interacting with the animals. There is nothing more rewarding than knowing that I was an integral part in helping to save a life or healing the sick! I love educating the clients about animal health/behaviour. I enjoy meeting new clients and their furry/scaled/feathered family members. We see such a huge array of species come through our doors, so it is very exciting! A fun fact about me is that I ride a motorcycle. My first pet was a kitty named Cuddles.
We are so pleased with the level of service and care we received. We are new clients to the clinic…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Tuesday, March 24, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 506.382.0061. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Mountain Road Animal Hospital